December 04, 2012

Thai Delight


More from the Greasy Woot:

One year for Christmas, a co-worker (knowing that I liked to cook) gave me a present and a challenge; She said: “Come up with a dish that involves my gift.”
She had given me lemon, cinnamon and crushed red peppers, so I made a mole. It was pretty good, though I don’t recall anything else about it.
Since I was a kid, finding different spice combinations was just something I did. Some worked out well, some…not so much. The spice that I found that I liked the most was Curry… I first experimented using Madras Curry with mustard, honey, balsamic vinegar, and a few others I can’t recall, but the combination made an amazing stew. (One that I wish I had remembered the recipe.)
My new found love of this spice naturally led me to try Indian and Thai food.
Sadly, my first experience with Thai was enough to thoroughly destroy my taste for it.
I swore off the cuisine and wouldn’t be bothered trying it again because it was just that bad.
Enter Thai Delight.
It was another Co-worker that introduced me to them; their food truly is a delight.
One of my friends is intolerant of gluten, and curry (at least Thai curry) is typically free of gluten so she would eat it quite frequently and at several different places. She took me out to dinner at one of her favorite locations and I told her that it was ok, but I knew of better - far better, but she wouldn’t have it. She didn’t believe me at all, she said “I’ve been to most of the restaurants in Salt Lake and I’m sorry, this is one of the best.”
“Trust me.” I tell her, “Humor me at least.”
She was convinced I was up in the night, but she was willing to give them a try. She craves it as much as I do now. I recommend from them the Red Curry with Beef, the Yellow Curry with Pork and the massaman with either. Start with the Tom Ka Gai, and finish with the Mango Rice. You’ll be full and have leftovers, which are worth eating, too.


She has two locations now:

1407 w 9000 s
West Jordan, UT
801-878-4399

And

6271 Dixie Dr
West Jordan, UT
801-968-7626


The one on Dixie is in a strip mall on the east side of the street that is shared with Ream’s on 6200 south. North, almost duly is the 7-11 that you would pass coming from Bangerter.

The other is on the south side of 90th and also in a strip mall. I prefer this one as the Lady that started the restaurant is over here and her son, while as great as she is, manages with his less than personable wife. The food is great but her service is hit and miss (the daughter-in-law).

No comments:

Post a Comment