December 04, 2012

Royal India

This one was written in follow-up to the article for Thai Delight:

Because of the wonderful experience at Thai Delight, it re-ignited my enjoyment of this delightful spice, curry.

My first experience with Indian curry was through another friend who was living here, in from England. He came over one night and told me that he wants to cook for me, food in hand. I don’t remember the specifics of what he made; just that I liked it and that I wanted to find a good restaurant that offered more of this fare. This experience went out of mind for nearly five years and would have been lost to the annuls of my memory, had the food at Thai Delight not dredged them from the depths. I was recommended to Royal India in Sandy, and eventually made my way down there. I tried several dishes, including their curry, sadly, I wasn’t impressed. However, trying the different dishes my friends had ordered convinced me. Everything else was fantastic!
The next time I went, I ordered the Lamb Boti Masala with Garlic Naan...I devoured it.
I had never had anything so good.
I had to have more and caused quite the scene, when half-way through my first order, ordered a second (to go, of course). The look on the waiter’s face was priceless. “What? You want what? Is there something wrong with this one?!”
I don’t order the dish twice anymore, not because of the reaction, but because it gets expensive and I can only eat so much before I feel like exploding. I could die…happy.


Go burst a few buttons at either location:

10263 s 1300 e
Sandy, UT
801-572-6123

Or

55 n Main St
Bountiful, UT
801-292-1835

The Sandy location is on the south east corner of the intersection, in yes, a strip mall.
I’m not clear on the exact location for the one in Bountiful. Many apologies.

Don’t consider them for Lunch though, they don’t open until 4:30 pm. Sad, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment