December 04, 2012

Korea House


I guess this was my first article written for the column, instead of African Market. Oh well.


Over the last few years I’ve started losing interest in eating at chain restaurants.  There is nothing bad about them, just…there are so many other local options out there worth eating that there really is no point anymore; I will spotlight some of them here.

First being: Korea House
Growing up eating Bulgogi (or Pulgogi), I have an affinity to this style of BBQ, regardless of its unusual flavor. Good Pulgogi will taste sweet, a little salty (from the soy sauce), and be nutty from the sesame seed oils used; theirs did not disappoint my childhood memories.
I also grew up with my Dad bringing home Kimchi, and I had to try their Kimchi soup.  This was what sold me on this place for Korean cuisine.  It was some of the best Kim-chi I’d ever had; Salty, tangy, and spicy cabbage with beef, pork or chicken - I recommend the beef or pork and to pour the rice right on top, you will be quite satisfied indeed!

Korea House is on the East side of State St on the South end of the strip-mall there; their virtual and physical addresses:

1465 s State St
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
(801) 487-3900
http://www.koreahouseslc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment